Tuesday, April 10, 2012

First gate towards the east

Nis is my hometown, but my home is every place where I put my hat on. From time to time, I take my hat from my hometown, and start a journey. Time for another journey finally came, and on that day I decided to say goodbye to Nis once more, but this time for a longer period. My map was showing Asia, my plan was to reach China eventually... but date, time, countries or way of traveling after Iran were not certain.

Iranian visa was two months already in my passport, and was waiting for me to start the trip. So as Katarina, my first co-passenger who decided to join me to Sofia, in order to take care of the dog from my second co-passenger, Ilaria, while she is not there. Ilaria is an Italian girl, who fell in love with Balkan countries, quit her job, moved to Sofia and completely changed her life. I met her one day in Nis, and suggested her a possibility to join me for some time on this trip. It didn't take her long to accept, and I was happy to have a travel partner for my first three weeks. That night, we were Ilaria's last guests in Bulgarian capital, before she canceled the flat she was renting. Katarina came back to Nis next day, with much smaller traveling partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment