Thursday, April 12, 2012

Between two continents

In Turkey, cars are not choosing you. It's you who are choosing the cars. As we went to the outskirts of Edirne and found the highway, we knew we will not wait. First car that we saw, stopped, and gave us a ride into the heart of Istanbul, the only huge city which I love so much, and where I always feel like at home. Once more, I ate kebabs, walked the authentic streets, saw Blue Mosque, crossed the Bosphorus and saw some of my old friends again. In all the crowd I gathered together, we ended up staying with Ipek, Turkish girl who lives in Asia... just across the bridge from Europe. I was surprised to see the small postcard of Tito (former president of Yugoslavia), together with his wife and Yugoslavian flag decorating her wall :) Later I found out that her grandfather was born in Yugoslavia.

No comments:

Post a Comment